Cheese Shell Mini Tacos Recipe
- 3 cups of freshly shredded cheddar cheese (or experiment with your favorite cheeses!)
Beef Taco Filling:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 packet of Taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup of water (if needed)
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ F/ 175˚ C
- Place your cheese in neat piles on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, until all the individual shreds melt into one disc. Be careful not to let the cheese color too much. Once they are all melted, let them cool for 2 minutes on your baking sheet, then lift them onto paper towels to blot off any excess grease.
- To form the shells, lay them over a propped up utensil. (Or you can use anything in your kitchen, a wide bowl or saucepan could work too!) Set these aside to cool.
- Next, make your Taco filling! We used a quick beef taco filling by browning off some ground beef on a high heat. Then throw in your onion, garlic, and jalapeños
right in with the cooked beef. Sprinkle over your taco seasoning packet and add water if you need it for a nice saucy filling.